Thursday, April 8, 2010

Today is a big day-26wks


Today is big day! I have soooo been looking forward to this day, I can't believe that I have made it this far!

We are 26 weeks today!!
26wks is a big day because it means that if God for bid our little guy was to make his entrance into the world early he would be viable. I know this is not the best way to think but throughout this entire pregnancy I have tried to take it day by day, week by week knowing that every week he continues to cook in there we are another week closer to having a healthy baby boy in our arms.

Up until 21 weeks: 0% survival rate

at 22 weeks: 0-10% survival rate

at 23 weeks: 10-35% survival rate

at 24 weeks: 40-70% survival rate

at 25 weeks: 50-80% survival rate

at 26 weeks: 80-90% survival rate

at 27 weeks: greater than 90% survival rate

I can't help but think of all the families out there that have lost their babies after the 26wk mark thinking they were in the clear. I know things happen, it's in God's hands at this point, but that does not help me to not stress and worry that something may happen to our lil guy. But for today I am thankful and blessed to be 26wks pregnant!


Today is also double digits!!
I cannot believe that in 99 days, more or less, we will have what we have been dreaming so long for. I remember when we were planning our wedding looking at our wedding ticker thinking time was moving soooo slow. We were engaged for 2yrs so time was moving slow! But I remember hitting double digits and realizing how big that was. Well, here I am six years later thinking my pregnancy is moving soooo slow. But seeing that ticker today in the double digits makes it feel so much closer.

Let the count down begin!

A year ago today...
our little guy was created! 4-8-09 was my egg retrieval, 41 eggs were retrieved, 32 fertilized 5 days later we recieved the news that and only 3 were unaffected by the inversion. I was disapointed with this number, but had to remain hopeful that the 2 we transferred would be our babies, and that we would then have a sibling for later down the road. After that cycle did not take I was devasted, I remember hearing the Dr tell us that the 3rd embryo was not strong and might not make to freeze. I was ready to throw in the towel, thinking our chance at having a biological child was gone. At our follow appointment the Dr told us that our last little embryo had made it to freeze. We had one last chance! I remember that day thinking it only takes one! In October we decided to give it one last chance before moving on to embryo adoption.

Well here in I am 26wks later feeling that little embryo kicking as I right this.

It only takes one!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a miracle! Congrats! I'm 27 weeks today with our adopted embryo! GOD bless you on your journey!