Saturday, April 24, 2010

First Trip to L&D - 28wks 2days

Yesterday I was panicking because I wasn't feeling movement like I usually do. I had to take an early lunch and run home to use the doppler. I felt a little better after hearing his hb but was still very worried about the decrease in movement. I drank some oj and tried to relax. I did start to feel more movement after that which put my mind at ease. He was moving up a storm after dinner and little bit last night.

When I woke up this morning I felt no movement yet again. I ate breakfast, dranks some oj and layed on my left side. When his movement didn't pick up I really started to get nervous. I checked his heartrate on the doppler and again it was fine. This did not make me feel better about his movemement though. I called my Dr and got the oncall Dr. He told me to head to L&D to be monitored. This made me more nervous I was hoping he would say everything was ok, but at the same time I was able to relax knowing they would find anything if there was anything to worry about at the hospital.

They hooked me up to a fetal scope to monitor his heartrate, and another monitor to check for contractions. Heartrate was good and the montior was able to pick up movement, only some of which I was able to feel. They monitored me for about 45 mins and said that everything looked good. The nurse was super nice and told me it's always better to come in if I feel like something is wrong then sit at home and worry. I was a bit embarrassed but I would rather be safe then sorry.

Let's hope my next trip to L&D is in July when this baby is ready to be born!

No comments: