Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hunt for a new OB - 17wk5d

A friend recommended my current OB, after meeting him the first time we really liked him. We then found out that my Dh's insurance would be changing in March and that this dr would no longer be in network. I was really upset by this because I did really like him, and the thought of having to try to find someone elses I felt comfortable in network was just overwhelming. My Dh did his homework, talked to the insurance guy and were told that since I would be in my 2nd tri come march Oxford would offer transitional care. This means Oxford would cover me as if they were BCBS, all we needed was the dr to fill out the paperwork.

At our next visit my Dh asked thr dr if he would be willing to fill out the paperwork for the tranisitional care and explained the situation. The dr said this was fine and told us to bring in the paperwork at our next visit. Fast forward to Tuesday, we tried to give the dr the paperwork and he said he didn't deal with the insurance and to give it to the girls upfront on the way out. Yeah, well guess what? The girls at the desk says in her nasty tone, "we don't do transitional care, if we are going to do transitional care we mine as well just take Oxford." We explained that the dr said it was fine and she says, "the dr delivers the babies, he has nothing to do with insurance, you should have asked us." I then tell them that we won't be able to stay here then and she tells us to just pay our deductible. Really? Why would I pay out of network costs when I can be covered? Am I happy that I have to change no, but there is no way I am going to pay $500 I don't need to just to stay here and deal with your nasty attitude!

I left there feeling so upset! I am 2 weeks away from getting my antomy scan, which needs to be done under BCBS, and this OB doesn't do them so I have to find a dr to do that as well as a new dr. I have had a lot of people suggest a Dr Gallo so I called them to make an appt, only to find out that it is there policy to not take new patients after they are in their 2nd tri. I also find out this is very common practice due to liability. This of course upsets me more because had the dr told us to talk to the girls about insurance instead of saying yes its fine, I would have found a new dr a month ago and would not have this problem now! So now I have no dr as of March 1st and no idea what I am going to do.

Dh has been great making all sorts of calls trying to find a new dr, but of course this is a holiday weekend and a lot of the offices are closed till Tuesday. Things just never seem to go smoothly for us, I am thrilled to be this far along in this pregnancy but could really have done without this drama right now. I know things will work out, they have to. I just wish I didn't have to deal with this.

No comments: