Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's July!! 38 weeks

Today is the first day of July!

That means that as of today we have six days before we meet our amazing little boy. The little boy that I have hoped and dreamed for way before he was even conceived. It has been a long nine months, but as a friend put it I have been waiting much longer then nine months to meet this little boy. Truer words have not been spoken.

I am so done being pregnant, I am tired, and achy, and just ready to pop this kid out! That's what every pregnant women says at the end right? Well I must be missing something, because I am truly going to miss every moment of being pregnant. I am going to miss the excitement, the wonder, hearing his heart beat on the doppler at every dr appt, feeling him move, feeling his little baby hiccups, seeing him on the u/s. I am going to miss it all!

But guess what it six short days I am going to get to hold him, look into his eyes, see what he finally looks like, smell his sweet baby smell, hear his little baby cries, feel his soft baby skin. Six days from now I am going to be a mommy. So as much as I will miss having him all to myself, and miss having him inside me, I am going to have this miracle looking up at me loving me because I am all he has none for the last 9 months. In the big picture the last 9 months are just a small blip on the radar, we have an entire lifetime of great moments to look forward to.

I know there is no way to prepare for the emotions I am going to feel when I see him for the first time. But I already love him so much I feel like I could burst, it gets better then this?

No comments: