Friday, November 6, 2009

Beta is in and......

I'm Knocked Up!!!!

We went for my b/w early this morning and then headed into the city for the Yankee parade. This wound up being a huge mistakes since we weren't able to get in to the city as early as we needed to and the closest we could get was like a block away from the parade route. But we got to experience the craziness of Yankee fans and at times it took my mind off the ticking time bomb I had in my pocket (my phone). Once we decided seeing the parade was a bust we started heading home, this required much more walking then on the way in due to subway station closures because of the parade. At one point I felt a lot of cramping and had to sit down. At this point it was 1pm and I still hadn't heard anything. I was afraid that the cramping was a sign I was pushing myself to much. At one point I said to Dh I know I'm not suppose to get my hopes up, but I feel pregnant. We decided that we would stop in a diner and get some breakfast/lunch. I was relieved to empty my over full bladder, get to sit, and finally eat something for the first time all day! I then proceeded to eat 2 scrambled eggs, 3 pancakes, and a plate of hash browns. Not to mention the 2 glasses of water. After a long trip home on crowded subways and an even more crowded train we were finally back in NJ. It was now 2:30pm and I still hadn't heard anything. I of course take this to mean that it's bad news, and I begin to lose hope with every minute that passes. I was afraid that they forgot to run my b/w or forgot to call me, after 4pm no one is in the office. So I decide to put a call in to my nurse just to remind her that I was still here waiting, annoying I know! So at 3:01pm my nurse called. She told me she had good news for me and that my beta was positive!!

My Beta was 154 today at 10 days past 5 day transfer. Thats the highest beta I have ever had! When I was saying my prayers for a positive beta, I also prayed for a beta higher then 100. I was so relieved to hear a nice high number. I know I am not out of the woods yet, I have to go back sunday to make sure the number doubles. This will let us know that it is a viable pregnancy. Again my numbers have never really doubled. So Dh has given me strict rules not to leave the couch this weekend and we pray for numbers higher then 300 on Sunday! I am still afraid to get excited, but I am so excited!! I have felt that this was our cycle since the day of the ET, but was terrifed I would be wrong and pushed the thoughts out of my head. I have not felt well all this week. After talking to some ladies on my message boards they had informed me that some of my symptoms did sound like preganancy symptoms. Again I was afraid to get my hopes up so I tried to think about it, coughing it up to just getting sick, or the time change.

My symptoms were as follows......
5dpt- shortness of breathe
6dpt-shortness of breathe, extremly tired, rash on my chest
7dpt-shortness of breathe, extremly tired, rash on my chest, headache all day
8dpt- tiredness continues, headache all day, body aches, feel like I'm getting the flu, very hungry
9dpt- Woke up after after 10 1/2 hrs of sleep still tired, headache gone, body aches gone, still hungry wanted to eat everything in sight!
10dpt-all symptoms are gone, cramping, and lower back pain, and still very hungry!!

No comments: