Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sharing our news-10wk3d

We celebrated Christmas with my parents today since we will be spending Christmas eve with my family and Christmas day with MIL.

I was excited to give my parents their gift, but also very nervous. I knew they would be excited but was also worried that it was still to early. That my mom would still be to worried to be able to enjoy this good news, and as silly as it sounds I was worried that by telling them I was jinxing it in some way.

I printed this poem I found online onto Christmas paper and wrapped it in an empty box.

This Christmas we have a special present to share,
This is a gift that requires extra love and care.
It's not bright and shiny, or wrapped in a bow,
We just know that you'll treasure it and love it so.

You may be wondering where this gift might be,
Since as you can see this box is empty.
Well, you can't play with this present today,
Because it hasn't arrived yet I'm sorry to say.

This gift is special and needs time to grow,
The wait is well worth it we want you to know!
In July your surprise will be ready for you,
Because that is when our baby is due!

When I gave them the box I explained that it was for both of them, but whoever opened it had to read it out loud. My dad was the one to read it because mom would have needed her glasses to read it. I was shaking as he read it, and when he got to the last line he just stopped reading they both started crying and my mom asked if everything was ok. I explained that so far everything looked good and the Dr told us we have a 1% chance of m/c at this point.

I showed them our latest u/s pic, I'm not sure they knew what they were looking at, but I was so glad to be able to share it with them.

I know that they are still worried as I still am, but I think they were happy with thier Christmas present this year.

No comments: