Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve-11wks

I had every intention on giving my grandmother the same poem for her Christmas gift, but after talking to my mom last night she expressed all the fears she had in my telling people this early. I got nervous and decided I would wait.

Once we were getting ready to do gifts my mom asked if I had brought it. I told her no, and that she had talked me out of it the night before. She told me I should tell everyone, I am awful with announcements so I wasn't going to just announce it to the whole family. Dh asked if I wanted him to go home and get it but at this point I had decided not to tell anyone. My mom told me I should at least tell my grandmother.

I waited till we were in the family room alone and said, "Grandma I have something I wanted to tell you when no one else is around. We're gonna have a baby!" Her mouth dropped and in walked my uncle and aunt. She didn't have anytime to process it or react, once they left my other aunt and my cousin walked in. I guess my timing wasn't great. When we were getting ready to leave my mom asked her if she wanted to walk us out. She walked us out and asked when, I told her July and explained that it was still early and wasn't ready for the whole family to know. With this my cousins come running out.

I'm a little sad that the moment was ruined and that I let my fears get in the way of making a big announcement and letting the whole family know at once. As my Dh later said when we were home, we are very lucky for each day I am pg. We are even luckier to have the opportunity to be able to spread the news during the holiday season. I just wish that I could push my fears aside and truly enjoy the fact that today I am pg, and I have made it 11 weeks!

No comments: