Thursday, March 12, 2009

Update

So I got to talk to my nurse yesterday, I asked her to send my RX's to the pharmacy we have have been using all along. We are a member of a discount program there, which will help a little. She also agreed to send in the RX for the LUPRON now cause I need to start that next week. She will also send in the RX for different unit amounts of the Follistim, I can fill the Follistim script later this month when I am due to start it, and only get what I need at a time to cut down the cost.

My DH called and spoke with the insurance company and surprisingly enough there is nothing they can do!! He also called the financial department to find out when we will need to pay for the PGD so we can decide if we have time to recycle the money we do have. They informed him that our payment is due Tuesday!! Wonderful, more good news!!

This morning the pharmacy calls me at work to go over my order, set up delivery and get payment. I ask her how much it came to, are you ready? $10,000!!!!!! WHAT!? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?! I then asked how much for the meds, without including the Foliistim....$350.00. Ahh, much better I can handle that. After I got off the phone with them I realized what happened, she probably charged me for all the different units of Follistim, when I will only need some of them. Either way I have till the end of the month to figure it out.

So I guess we are set for now, until the next twist pops up!

No comments: