Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm Soooo Over This!

Today I called my pharmacy to order and pay for my medications. I am set to start my Lupron on the 18th. So there I am credit card in my hand, and the women on the phone says..."your co-pay is $4,000" WHAT?! How much! Did insurance pay any of it? I called my insurance company and come to find out that with our new insurance we have to pay upfront and will be reimbursed at 90%.

Ok, I know how lucky we are to have insurance that will even pay 90% but, really where am I going to get $4,000? I know that there are women out there that pay for their entire cycles out of pocket, I don't know they do it and my hat goes off to them! We are fortunate enough to have my parents that have been kind enough to give us some of the money we need for the PGD, that is not covered by insurance at all. But they were not able to give us enough to cover it. So we need to come up with $3,000 by the time of our retrieval on the 4/11.

IF doesn't suck enough, without the stress of financial difficulties? I'm so over this whole thing! I just want to have my baby and look back at this time at the shittiest time in my life, but know it was all worth it to hear the words, "I love you mommy!"

No comments: