Saturday, October 18, 2008

The dreadful 2 week wait

Here I am 5dp5dt and I'm losing my mind! I can't stop thinking about whether or not this worked. I am really trying to stay positive, this is going to work this is going to be the one that sticks this is going to be our baby! There is a part of me though that won't allow me to get to excited, I guess I am trying to protect myself. I see a lot of women it doesn't work for, yes I am lucky in the fact that I have gotten pg with every procedure, but I have also had four miscarriages. What if this does work, and I lose this one too? I was devastated when I lost my four angels, but this IVF cycle has taken a toll on me physically and emotionally, I have more invested in it this time. I want this so badly, I can't even begin to explain how badly I want this. I can almost see their little face, feel my heart swelling with love for them, the relief of finally being content knowing they are here in my arms safe.
My mom came over to bring me some homemade sauce, no she didn't call on Monday to check on me, but I have to except that's not my mom. It was kinda nice though we sat and had some tea together and just talked. She is trying to be positive, talking about how I will be due in June, and if it's twins probably May. I was trying not to think that far ahead, one day at a time, no getting excited not yet! Then she starts telling me don't eat tuna, and no frozen yogurt. OK, mom it's not official yet, lets relax. It was kinda nice to see her care so much, I don't get to see that a lot even though I know she always does.
My husband is trying to be as supportive as he can. My acupuncturist told me to stay away from cold foods, something about my chi. So he has made me chicken soup, and hot tea every night. Every time I even think about ice cream, or eating anything cold he reminds me, Nope not allowed! It's cute in a annoying way. I also mentioned that pineapple is suppose to help with implantation. Sure enough he came home with a pineapple. He's going to take good care of me when this does happen!
I am going to meet with psychologist on Monday, I need to talk to someone about how I'm feeling. I need to learn to cope with this emotions. I need someone to listen to me, even if they have no answers for me. I also have an acupuncture appointment I have faith that if nothing else this has helped me relax and get through this cycle a little less stressed.
I feel like I have done everything I can possibly do at this point. It is out of my hands now. I have to just sit and wait, wait for that dreadful call. I am counting down the days, hours, and minutes. I think it will get easier when I get back to work, laying around thinking about it all week I'm sure has not helped. I can do this! I have had to do way more difficult things! I will not test! I will wait till Wednesday!

No comments: