Friday, September 19, 2008

I know how IF effects me, but my husband?

I know that IF has taken a toll on me physically and emotionally, I know how much it hurts. But how does it effect my husband? I watched Oprah yesterday and it was about men who are having affairs. The Dr. she had on said that the average couple talks for twelve minutes a day, twelve minutes!!! I thought about us and I can believe that, we have dinner in front of the t.v. we both open our lap tops and maybe say a few words through out the night. It's sad I miss the old us, the fun us! The Dr. also pointed out that if you talked about what you talk about now when you were dating you would have never gotten married. How true is that? How many of us talk about finances, work, the home improvements, IF?? I know this is true for us, we get twelve minutes a day and ten of them are about IF. Two of them are about our finances. I pointed this out to my husband tonight I also added that when I bring up IF it seems like he shuts down and stops listening, believe me I wish I didn't have to talk about it either there are a lot of other things I would rather talk about, but it consumes me. I'm tired of hearing myself talk about it I can only imagine what he's thinking. But he gets to escape it, it's not there in the morning when he gets up, he doesn't fall asleep thinking about it, he goes to work and goes on with his day. So tonight when I brought it up he finally told me how he felt. He said he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. He knows that after about five minutes of me talking about it I am going to to get depressed, and possibly start crying. He is also afraid that he is going to say the wrong thing and upset me more. If he sits and says nothing then I think he doesn't care. He said he doesn't know what to do or say. He wishes he could make it better but he can't. I know this effects him but hearing him say this tonight my heart just broke. I put myself in his shoes and thought, what if there was something he was going through that I could not help him with. Something that was slowly killing his spirit, watching him go through painful procedures, taking shots, falling apart at the drop of a hat. What would you do? I love my husband and he loves me more then words can even express, he would be ok not having children. We had lots of heated discussions about this before we got married. After our second miscarriage I remember him saying to me, I love you Tara and I want you to be happy. So we will continue doing this until you want to stop, but you are all I care about. I can't imagine how painful it must be for him to watch me go through this, all the while losing a little more of his wife with each loss. Losing the women he fell in love with, watching her suffer slowly, and not being able to do a thing to make it better. He tells me all the time, "I just want you to be happy" I want to be happy too! I want us to be happy, sometimes I wish I could throw my hands up and say well we tried it didn't work oh well lets just move on with our lives and just enjoy loving each other. But I can't, I can't live a life without children, its just not an option for me. I love this man, and if I am willing to fight this hard to have his baby, I can fight this hard to find the old us, to find some sort of happiness!

No comments: