Saturday, October 17, 2009

When the world says, "Give up" HOPE whispers, "Try one more time".

So here we are trying one more time! After taking the summer off to regroup, reconnect, and recover its now time to move forward with an FET to transfer our last embie. I am going into this cycle with a different perspective, I have been through this enough and gotten my heart broken enough to not get my hopes up. As awful as it may sound I am going into this just thinking we need to use the last embie so it doesn't just sit there, and we don't wonder "what if". But I have to be realistic. There is a chance that we may lose the embryo during the thaw, and that our chances are less since we will only be transfering one embryo, not to mention its not the greatest quality.
I am trying to stay positive, and focused on this cycle. Early morning blood draws and u/s's are killing me. I am just so tired of this whole process. I can remember a time when I would spring out of bed into the dark cold early morning driving the 45 mins - 1hr to get to the dr feeling hopeful and knowing this was going to be THE cycle. Now it is like a job dragging myself out of bed to drive down there to get pricked and probed for what? For a healthy baby we hope.

If everything goes as planned we will be doing the transfer on Nov 2nd. This of course happens to be the day that my co-worker is finding out the sex of her baby. I really hope this is the day of the transfer so I don't have to be there that week to deal with that!

No comments: